Violin L. Heberlein

Moderatoren: Heidrun Eichler, Johannes Meinel, Udo Kretzschmann

Antworten
abdielvs

Violin L. Heberlein

Beitrag von abdielvs »

Hi:
I am interesting about a violin labelled L. Heberlein or Ludwig Heberlein, dated 1923; any information will be very useful, many thanks, best regards

Udo Kretzschmann
Geigenbaumeister
Re: Violin L. Heberlein

Beitrag von Udo Kretzschmann »

Hello abdielvs (that's for me a very strange name ;-) ),

Ludwig Heberlein was a dealer and exporter in musical instruments and strings. The company was founded in 1852 here in Markneukirchen.

The last entry in an address book I could found is from 1932.

Best greetings

Udo

abdielvs

Beitrag von abdielvs »

Hi Udo:
Thak you very much for you reply. This is a violin which is engraving "Lud Heberlein" in the wood, next to the label. On the label is read: "L. Heberlein, Markneukirchen Nº 2368", the year ("año") 1923 and a star of David ("marca registrada" below), i dont know why is written in spanish, maybe it was for sale in America. I have also a bow that came together with the violin, and it's marked "Lud Heberlein"; i guess it will be difficult to find biographical details of this person.
Thank you very much for your help, I will welcome any new information, best regards:
Abdiel (that's my name) :geige:

abdielvs

Beitrag von abdielvs »

Forgive me, just two more things, being a dealer and distributor, does that mean that he was not a builder of his violins? and secondly, if so I would imagine that its value will not be very high. There is any family relationship of this Heberlein with other builders of the same name? This instrument seems quite well done and I've found other labels on L. Heberlein violins where you can read "Style I, II, or III", etc., in the case of mine no, i do not know if this indicates some degree of realization or what. Well, thanks a lot: :good:
Abdiel

Heidrun Eichler
Museumsmitarbeiter

Beitrag von Heidrun Eichler »

Hello Abdiel,

you are right, he didn't make the instruments. But we can be sure, that he sold instruments from our region (sächsisch-böhmischer Musikwinkel).
Of course there are some relationships to other Heberlein (the name is not seldom in our region), but we cannot say, who made the violins for him. The qualtity can be high. You have to go with the instrument to a violinmaker. He will tell you something about the kind of your instrument and the value.

Best regards
Heidrun

Antworten