Visiting Markneukirchen in October

Moderatoren: Heidrun Eichler, Johannes Meinel, STELOL

Antworten
Graham McDonald

Visiting Markneukirchen in October

Beitrag von Graham McDonald »

Greetings from Australia,

I hope to visit Markneukirchen in mid October as part of research I am doing on the history of the mandolin family, especially the way they are made. I hope to be able to visit some mandolin builders around Markneukirchen as well as see some historical instruments in the museums there. I am very open to suggestions about who to see and where I should go.

I have been mandolins, guitars and Irish bouzouikis for nearly 30 years and I have written two books and instrument construction, one about Irish bouzoukis and citterns and the latest one on building mandolins. I will only have a few days in Germany, so I am trying to plan my visit as effeciantly as possible

Thank you

Graham

Heidrun Eichler
Museumsmitarbeiter

Re: Visiting Markneukirchen in October

Beitrag von Heidrun Eichler »

Welcome to Markneukirchen Graham,

I´d like to help you to organize your trip to our region. Tell me how and when do you like to come to us. We have a lot of mandolins in our exhibtion and also catalogues of instrumentmakers and dealers. The most important mandolin makers in our region are

Klaus Knorr 08265 Erlbach, Hopfenweg 2,
Tel. 037422/6124
www.knorr-mandolinen.de
klaus-knorr@knorrmandolinen.de

GURIEMA, 08258 Markneukirchen, Erlbacher Berg 9A
Tel. 037422/47785
www.guriema.de
guriemariedel@aol.com

Christian Sandner, 08265 Erlbach, Zum Kegelberg 6,
Tel. 037422/6123

Please have a look on our Website. There you will find, what kind of instruments they make.

We are looking forward to meet you in October, :wink:
Heidrun

Graham McDonald

Hello Heidrun.

Thank you for your reply. I am still working out the details of my trip, but it seems likely that I will be in Markneukirchen for a day or maybe a day and a half around 20 October. I am hoping to write a book about the mandolin family, more on the history of how it has been made, rather than played, and which will include related instruments such as citterns like the Waldzither. I want to use lots of pictures of instruments in the book, so I am hoping to talk to collectors and museums about using their photographs. I should have my plans finalized in the next few weeks, and I look forward to meeting you and seeing your museum

cheers

Graham

Graham McDonald

Hello Heidrun,

It seems most likely that I will be in Markneukirchen on 21-22 October. I will be driving from near Stuttgart early on October 21 and I will have to get to Dresden late on October 22 to fly to Italy early the next morning.

It would be excellent to meet Klaus Knorr, the people from Gureima and Christian Sander. Should I contact them directly or do you wish to contact them for me?

I would also like to visit the Framus museum (and I have already contacted them) and perhaps the Rubner factory if I have time.

I am looking forward to visiting your town

cheers

graham

Heidrun Eichler
Museumsmitarbeiter

Beitrag von Heidrun Eichler »

Hello Graham,

I gave you an answer on PN. Did you get it? I'm not sure if it works. :pardon:

Heid´run

Antworten