romantic guitar

Moderatoren: Heidrun Eichler, Johannes Meinel, STELOL

Antworten
oldguy

romantic guitar

Beitrag von oldguy »

my cousin picked up a guitar with the name eweber in it have you heard of him or have any information. its a 19th century guitar or its a good copy. thank you

oldguy

Re: romantic guitar

Beitrag von oldguy »

Here are some pictures of the guitar (E.WEBER):
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

STELOL
Experte

Beitrag von STELOL »

Hi,

couldn´t find any Infos about a luthier or trader with the brand E. Weber!

Your guitar was build in the 19th century. The word copy is not right. Tradition is better, theý build this kind of parlorguitar untill the 30th/40th!

Regards,

STELOL
STELOL
STEfan LOb aus Lohmar
Ein Versuch die alten vogtländischen
Bezeichnungen wieder aufleben zu lassen!!!!!!

Im Netz unter http://www.schlaggitarren.de

oldguy

Beitrag von oldguy »

thank you very much for the information . l am in british columbia canada over here they are rarely seen / l do have one which is older pre machine heads it has ebony pegs and exotic woods.

oldguy

Beitrag von oldguy »

the one l have is made of ebony , koa and another l cant identify as well as a spruce top. its in playing condition. also appears to have a turtle shell ring around the sound hole. the tag inside seems to be written with a quill pen all l can read is the name wolfe the rest a freind told me is in a dialect of german he cant read. sounds great

STELOL
Experte

Beitrag von STELOL »

Send pictures!

KOA??? In my opinion only Hawaiien instruments were made with Koa!

Stelol :v:
STELOL
STEfan LOb aus Lohmar
Ein Versuch die alten vogtländischen
Bezeichnungen wieder aufleben zu lassen!!!!!!

Im Netz unter http://www.schlaggitarren.de

oldguy

Beitrag von oldguy »

it looks as koa but not as red it could be black acacia or monkey pod. my cousin came up with that one that it was koa l never researched it until now. l am not aware of any wood grown in Europe that has a grain like this has. the other wood l mention are the only alternatives according to what l researched. but l have seen others with similar grain to it. you could be right and its the way the wood was cut.one person on the european forum suggested that the label inside was put in by a luthier who repaired it back in the day as its style is the same as a recio which l think was in spain if my memory serves me right. but when you get as old as me thats a question lol

oldguy

Beitrag von oldguy »

you are right l looked some more on the internet and l do believe its european maple and the way it was sawn and matched looks very much like koa except in color not as red. l stand corrected.

Shallow

Beitrag von Shallow »

Hi Oldguy. I have the gut feeling that this guitar is more likely to be from Egerland (current Cheb in the Czech republic) than from Vogtland. Specially if found in Canada. According with the guitars of that period I know and the slightly different building features used at both sides of the border, everything points more to Schönbach than Markneukirchen.

Did you noticed that the top is spruce inside and something else outside? It's laminated. That outer back plate wood veneer is hardly to be koa. It's probably european maple (or sycamore as called in some european countries), cherry or pearwood. Those were very common woods for backs and sides in that area.

oldguy

Beitrag von oldguy »

l was talking about two different guitars . l did some more searching . l have two one with ebony pegs in the ricio style and the one pictured above. the other one is all solid wood and the back is made of four panels . thank you for the info.

Antworten