musima mw-7

Moderatoren: Heidrun Eichler, Johannes Meinel, STELOL

Antworten
antobit73

musima mw-7

Beitrag von antobit73 »

hi forum
my name is antonio.i live in italy(sicily).
i bought on ebay.de one nice musima mw-7.
at first sight look all solid wood.spruce top(maybe europe spruce),back and sides anigre(same as musima mw500).
the guitar have brass pins...i think not original.
someone have info about this model?year build and other info?
add some photos:
Bild
Bild
[imghttp://oi68.tinypic.com/j5zead.jpg][/img]
Bild

antobit73

Re: musima mw-7

Beitrag von antobit73 »

others photos:
Bild
Bild

the last photos show inner side reinfocement(red arrow).this inners wood reinfoce support the all solid wood hypothesis.

Bild

Dirk Wacker

Beitrag von Dirk Wacker »

Ciao Antonio, if you look through the soundhole towards the heel of the neck you will find the printed serial number - please post it here or a pic of the number so we can tell you more about your specific guitar.

Besides the brass pins (should be black or cream colored plastic pins) all seems to be original but I doubt the "all solid woods" hypothesis

I will talk to the man who mostly built all this guitars in the factory within the next few days and will come back to you with what I found out.

antobit73

Beitrag von antobit73 »

Dirk Wacker hat geschrieben:Ciao Antonio, if you look through the soundhole towards the heel of the neck you will find the printed serial number - please post it here or a pic of the number so we can tell you more about your specific guitar.

Besides the brass pins (should be black or cream colored plastic pins) all seems to be original but I doubt the "all solid woods" hypothesis

I will talk to the man who mostly built all this guitars in the factory within the next few days and will come back to you with what I found out.
hallo-ciao Dirk
no serial number in the heel or elsewhere.only label whit mw 7 pen written.
the back and sides maybe flamed maple.the body binding is wood(seem mahogany).
the guitar have satin finish varnish.
i don't know if all solid or only top solid but the guitar sound very loud and balanced.building very well!
ok i'm waiting your news
many thanks

Dirk Wacker

After collecting all the Information about your guitar I can tell you the following:

- the MW-7 is basically a MW-71 with cutaway and made out of all solid woods ... so you were right with your guess about an all solid wood guitar !

- your guitar was made around 2000 or 2001, during this time the sticker with the serial number was glued around the soundhole from the inside so with a mirror you should be able to see it if it has not fallen off during the years

- the top is solid spruce, back and sides are solid flamed maple, the binding is rosewood

- the neck is a light-weight mahogany with a rosewood fingerboard and a flamed maple overlay on the headstock

- the closed Schaller tuners are original, the originals pins were ebony with a parisian eye inlay

- the vertical bars on the inside of the sides you marked with a red arrow are supporting bars for the sides to prevent cracking. This is a common technique on steelstrings when using solid wood for the sides

- your guitar was available in gloss and satin finish and was priced between 1.200 and 1.400 Deutschmarks which would be approx. 600 to 700 Euros

Hope this helps ?

antobit73

Beitrag von antobit73 »

Dirk Wacker hat geschrieben:After collecting all the Information about your guitar I can tell you the following:

- the MW-7 is basically a MW-71 with cutaway and made out of all solid woods ... so you were right with your guess about an all solid wood guitar !

- your guitar was made around 2000 or 2001, during this time the sticker with the serial number was glued around the soundhole from the inside so with a mirror you should be able to see it if it has not fallen off during the years

- the top is solid spruce, back and sides are solid flamed maple, the binding is rosewood

- the neck is a light-weight mahogany with a rosewood fingerboard and a flamed maple overlay on the headstock

- the closed Schaller tuners are original, the originals pins were ebony with a parisian eye inlay

- the vertical bars on the inside of the sides you marked with a red arrow are supporting bars for the sides to prevent cracking. This is a common technique on steelstrings when using solid wood for the sides

- your guitar was available in gloss and satin finish and was priced between 1.200 and 1.400 Deutschmarks which would be approx. 600 to 700 Euros

Hope this helps ?
hi Dirk
your detailed info very apprecciated.
the musima mw7 has same feature(different wood back and sides)of musima mw8 and mw9(i've read 2 post on this forum).so the mw7-mw8 and mw9 is the latest all solid wood western series of musima.
tomorrow i look inside whit a mirror.
this guitar whit new strings ring like piano.

Dirk Wacker

With the serial number we can be more specific when your guitar was really built

vera221

Beitrag von vera221 »

Hi Antonio,

if I may add a few things to what Dirk already has posted. The MW 7 was introduced to the market in 2002. It was a fully solid guitar indeed. According to a price list from 2002, the MW7 had Aningre back and sides (not Maple, but look quite similar).The price in satin finish was 685 €. High gloss was 20€ more.

The MW7 was indeed a fully solid version of the MW71 (which had a solid top only). But you have to bear in mind that within Musima after the reunification in 1990 until the end if the company in 2003, the logos and model codes changed quite often (too often) which was a cause for irritation for both customers and retailers.

The MW 8 is also fully solid (I own one) . It has a spruce top and mahogany back & sides and, as high gloss, is the solid version of the former Musima Nashville MW65 (which had a solid top only) from the mid-1990s. In satin it is the solid version of the former Musima Nashville MW 55. The MW 9 is also a fully solid instrument but with Indian Rosewood back& sides (and a spruce top). The MW 9 in turn is the solid version of the Musima Nashville MW 56 (satin finish) or the Musima Nashville MW 66 (in high gloss). Complicated? Yes, it is.

What is noteworthy about your guitar is the the logo on the headstock. It has the old Musima logo (the "m" in a circle). This old logo had actually been abandoned since the early nineties, but - obviously - sometimes Musima came back to it (to create even further irritation).

And to finish this off: It is no surprise that you cannot find the production year inside of the guitar. From 2000 to 2003 Musima did not give this information anymore. Sometimes you even find guitars in which not even the model type is indicated.

All in all you can be proud of your MW 7! It is a very good guitar and for the price you paid it was a real bargain.

I hope this helps.

Thomas

Antworten