Osbama

Moderatoren: Heidrun Eichler, Johannes Meinel, STELOL

Antworten
Shallow

Osbama

Beitrag von Shallow »

Hey Stefan. Did you ever inspected inside your Osbama Tango with a mirror?

I was inspecting inside some of my new "schlaggitarren" adquisitions and I found a really interesting thing inside my Osbama. It has a single tonebar running along the center of the top. I was very surprised and looked for any trace of glue of a missing second bar, but the top is completely clean and shows no sign or evidence of ever having any other tonebar glued onto it. So this Oswald Bachmann guitar originally had a single scalloped tonebar.

I knew that a few US '30s Regal archtop models (US made) had a single central tonebar, and also the Stromberg archtops use to have just one too, but running diagonally across the top instead. This is the first time I see or even hear about a single tonebar in a german made guitar. Isn't it an interesting dicovering? :yahoo: :pleasantry:

I have to add that this is one of the best sounding Vogtland made archtops I've ever played in hard competition with my fifties Otwin Cabinet

What about your Tango, Stefan?

By the way, I also discovered a while ago that most (if not all) '50s and '60s Otwin schlaggitarren have three tonebars. The regular two plus an extra one in the center usually shorter and smaller than the other two in the guitars with thick tops (like the Cabinet I talked about) or all three similar in thickness and size for guitars with thinner tops like my Sonor. I think this partially explains the usual high clarity and note separation of these guitars.

Shallow

Re: Osbama

Beitrag von Shallow »

Otwin schlaggitarren have three tonebars. The regular two plus an extra one in the center usually shorter and smaller than the other two in the guitars with thick tops (like the Cabinet I talked about) or all three similar in thickness and size for guitars with thinner tops like my Sonor.
Sorry, I made a mistake. I've checked my Otwins again and the central bar is longer than the other two. It goes from block to block while the outer bars are a tad shorter than that. In the Sonor the bar is about the same tall and thick than the other two while in the Cabinet is about half the height of the outer ones and is also slimmer.

STELOL
Experte

Beitrag von STELOL »

Hi Paco,

nice to hear from you :!:
Hot summer in spain :?:

Yes you are right :!: My 4 OSBAMA´s with lightning soundholes have one single bracing under the top. Simular like the bracing of your nice OSBAMA with sickleform soundholes!

This kind of brancing gives the OSBAMA guitars a unique an typicall sound!

That is one reason while this kind of guitars are my favorite ones :rofl:

Send me some pictures :wink2:

You would like to send me some pictures of your MIGMA too!!!!

I´m still waiting on the end of the programming from my webside so that I could start to fill it with contents :pleasantry:

It tooks a little bit longer ´cause I gave my webmaster to many complicatet ideas that were hard to actualise :tease:

Regards :drinks:

STELOL
STELOL
STEfan LOb aus Lohmar
Ein Versuch die alten vogtländischen
Bezeichnungen wieder aufleben zu lassen!!!!!!

Im Netz unter http://www.schlaggitarren.de

Shallow

Beitrag von Shallow »

Hot summer in spain
You cannot imagine how much! I'm roasted and well done.
This kind of brancing gives the OSBAMA guitars a unique an typicall sound!
Yes, they sound so special in a positive way. The full contact rosewood bridge feet has a lot to do about it too. Hard to describe that sound though.
Send me some pictures

You would like to send me some pictures of your MIGMA too!!!!
Sure! Which Migma? The Forstner or the (I guess) Todt?

STELOL
Experte

Beitrag von STELOL »

STELOL hat geschrieben:Sure! Which Migma? The Forstner or the (I guess) Todt?
Dear Paco :!: Could you be so nice and send me both, I can take a look if it is a Todt (normally easy to identify)!.

Be so kind and send me one mail for each guitar. So it´s easyer to stay on the top of things :!:

Kind regards,

STELOL
STELOL
STEfan LOb aus Lohmar

Shallow

Beitrag von Shallow »

No problem, 3 emails on the way.

STELOL
Experte

Beitrag von STELOL »

A 1000 thanks :friends:

From where did you get this nice OSBAMA guitar :?:

I knew another spanish guitar player from Barcelona who bougt a OSBAMA with lightning soundholes in a spanish guitar shop and very cheap for what it is!

Lucky guy :wink2:

Here from you soon,

STELOL :good:
STELOL
STEfan LOb aus Lohmar

Antworten