Herbert Würlitzer

Moderatoren: Heidrun Eichler, Johannes Meinel, STELOL

Antworten
cracks

Herbert Würlitzer

Beitrag von cracks »

Hi.
Do You have any info about Herbert Würlitzer in your files.

Im looking for birthday etc...

Its the guitarmaker Im thinking of. He made guitars for Osbama, Herrnsdorf and others...maybe he was from Erlbach ?

Best regards Kield

Udo Kretzschmann
Geigenbaumeister
Re: Herbert Würlitzer

Beitrag von Udo Kretzschmann »

Hi Kield,

Herbert Kurt Wurlitzer (8 March 1910 - 12 December 1986) was a violin maker. He was apprenticed to Max Heischkel. Later he made especially guitars in Erlbach. Until his death he was a member of MIGMA cooperative.

Best regards

Udo

Dirk Wacker

Beitrag von Dirk Wacker »

Hej Kield,

nice to hear from you my friend ! In addition to what Udo said, I can add that Herbert Wurlitzer was indeed an employee from Oswald Bachmann (OSBAMA) and that he opened his own workshop in Erlbach in 1953. When you compare his guitars to OSBAMA´s there are many similarities, yet another clue that he learned his techniques in the OSBAMA Workshop.

Greetings to Denmark,

Dirk

cracks

Beitrag von cracks »

Hej Dirk

thanks ...There is no info about herbert Wurlitzer on the internet, so I will ,- with help and photos from friends - make a small article about how to ID HW guitars,- and yes his style is closely connected to osbama.

Dirk Wacker

Excellent, I think with this another gap could be closed in the book of guitar history. I will be in Markneukirchen in mid October, if you want me to make some pics for you from a certain place or anything else for your article, please let me know .. always happy to help you out !

cracks

Beitrag von cracks »

Cameron and I did a little work today. More and better pics will be added.....and any info and corrections are welcome

http://lacquercracks.dk/herbert-wurlitzer/

and I stumbled over this too. I think thats a wurlitzer too, but I would like to get in contact with someone who owns this model to be sure....it looks very wurlitzer, but the end of fretboard is not radiused and other details are a bit unusual too :

http://deerbe.com/unt/80468-tolle_gitar ... chen_.html

Dirk Wacker

Kield, I think this is a pretty good starting point and as far as I know, the first time someone wrote something about Herbert Wurlitzer. One thing, the "Stauffer screw" in this case is clearly a so-called "Rubner anchor" (on the pic you can still see the first version of it, maybe he had a larger amount of them in stock and used them until his supply dried out). This neck attachment system was made by the Rubner company in Markneukirchen and was used widely by almost all guitar making companies in the Vogtland area. Rubner is still in business today, making great tuners for all kinds of guitars.

cracks

Beitrag von cracks »

by stauffer screw we only mean the one-screw attach system stauffer ( legnani ? ) invented. Its the widely know expression for such a screw . I have never heard of a Rubner-anchor before. Was it the same rubner anchor Artur Lang used on his early models and Rodebald Hoyer on his better models in the west ? Because then we should start using that expression instead...or both maybe.

Dirk Wacker

I don´t have a Lang nor a Rodebald Hoyer, I had a Lang with a bolt-on neck on the workbench some months ago, but I can´t remember if it was Rubner anchor inside. When you can send me a pic from the outside and the inner part of the attachment system I can tell you if it´s a Rubner anchor or not and if so, what Version.

cracks

Beitrag von cracks »

super. I very often opens a stauffer or a rubner neckscrew...;-) I have also the open wurlitzer ready for a photo. Maybe it can help dating it ?

Oh..I cant reduce the size enough.... will post later

Dirk Wacker

I sent you a PM with my email address so you can send the pics without resizing them

Antworten