Musima 1657

Moderatoren: Heidrun Eichler, Johannes Meinel, STELOL

Antworten
slider

Musima 1657

Beitrag von slider »

Hi to all !
I'm not so good in German, so excuse me writting in english.
1983 I've bought brand new Musima 1657 in local Instrument store in Varazdin, Croatia ( former YU).
The guitar is in wery well condition , it works OK and I play it few times a year. The only unoriginal parts are 3 plastic part on string tensions.
There's no visible serial number anywhere.
Question is - is this guitar rare, or not, and how much is worth ( no, I don't want to sell it, it's my first eleltric guitar... :gitarre:
Just want to konw more about this guitar...
TIA
Mario

Shallow

Re: Musima 1657

Beitrag von Shallow »

Check this.

Musimas are not unusual. They were the main DDR guitar makers from the '60s on and supplied all the east block. The 1657 is not as abundant as the way more typical 1655 model, but they both were decently built mid range guitars. About pricing they use to range from 150 to 350 Euro depending on condition. I'm a big fan of thinline Musimas. Though I prefer the 1655 just for the looks. Double cutaways never appealed me too much.

Don't drive mad trying to find serial numbers or dating marks, They didn't used them. Depening on the style of potentiometers used in the circuit you can barely date Musimas, but only approximately.

slider

Re: Musima 1657

Beitrag von slider »

thanks for the answers...well, I wouldn't dissasemble it for the look at the potenciometers as along as it works :-)))
And also I know when I buy it...just was curios
I adore double cutaway...My love at first sight was Epiphone Cassino, and since I wasnt able to get it, this was the closesth match :gitarre2:
thanks again for help !

Antworten